According to Harvard Medical School, a chiropractic physician should be your first call when experiencing back pain. Nearly 42% of people with their first episode of back pain will consult a chiropractor. Many people have experienced back pain at some point in their lives. The causes of back pain can range from lifting heavy objects to repetitive motion. Other causes of back pain can include an auto accident, muscle strain or sprain, and sports injuries.
The symptoms of back pain may include the following:
- Sharp localized pain in the neck, upper back, or lower back, especially after lifting heavy objects or engaging in strenuous activity. Pain in the upper back could also be a sign of a cardiovascular condition.
- Persistent aching or stiffness anywhere along your spine, from the base of the neck to the tailbone.
- Chronic ache in the middle or lower back, especially after sitting or standing for extended periods.
- Back pain that radiates from the low back, down the back of the thigh, and into the calf and toes. This may indicate inflammation of the sciatic nerve referred to as sciatica.
- Inability to stand straight without having pain or muscle spasms in the lower back.
Papillion Chiropractic | Best Chiropractor in the area
At Papillion Chiropractic our approach is simple. We believe that health is among our most valuable possessions. And while we generally meet people after they’ve lost their health, our commitment is to offer you hope and more importantly, a plan. Drs. Kurt and Tonya Boeckenhauer can begin the process of restoring your spinal health and body mechanics. Contact us!